Saturday, July 2, 2011

Later In Oshkosh...


After the Airventure Museum, Paul and I set course for Lake Michigan and the SS Badger ferry. There's something pretty awesome about tying your bike down in the hold of a coal powered ship.






The SS Badger is a really old ship, but it has all kinds of style. There were two cafeterias with fair prices, a theater screening Tron 2, and two TV rooms. One showing FOX News and one showing CNN.


It was super foggy as we set off from Wisconsin and the Central time zone.




It cleared up very nicely as we reached the middle of the lake. Paul and I settled into chaise lounges on the deck and had a snooze.




To offset my carbon footprint from that day, I have stopped pushing redwoods over with my bare hands.


Reminded me of this.




Oh, didn't I mention? You could get a massage on board, in the middle of a crowded room of gawking onlookers.


Upon arrival in Michigan, we caught glimpse of the SS Spartan, the Badger's sister ship. Nice looking ships!




We rode north up the coast of Lake Michigan a ways on the recommendation of a friendly ferry patron.


Lookin' good, Lake Michigan. It looks practically tropical. White sand and clear blue water.


At a scenic overlook, Paul immortalized his love for Billy Joel.










We stumbled into a small car show in a really lovely little park / dock. Everyone was very welcoming. I couldn't help myself when I saw the DeLorean. OK, the pose isn't right, but I was going from memory. Cut me some slack.





We had to turn east to get to the Ontario border the next day.




We found Chemical Bank along the way. I thought it was invented by the Seinfeld writers. I've always wondered why Nana Seinfeld's bank had such a strange name.


Delicious pizza at a delicious price.


Look out, Ontario!

2 comments:

  1. Thank god it was only Billy Joel. I thought it was another flare up of his love of Billy Jean King. Also - why wasn't I made aware of a DeLorean spotting??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Troch, some things are just too special for you.

    ReplyDelete