Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 22: Utah brings the sun

21 May 2011


Our first stop when we woke up in Moab was to check out some dinosaur tracks and petroglyps down the road. They were a mix of dinosaurs, but the most prominent tracks were from an Allosaurus. It strangely didn't seem as big as I thought.


I don't think that I want to stay in a place known for housing robbers.


We filled up at a gas station built into a mountain. It was beyond awesome. Even the hallway to the restroom was exposed mountain stone.


So much straight nothingness.




We started to ride through the Canyonlands area and ended up riding through Glenn Canyon. This place was awe inspiring. The twisty road in the bottom of the canyon was the ice cream, and the views when we came out to the top was the cherry.


My bike passed a major milestone in the Canyonlands area.


We ended up getting to Natural Bridges National Monument. The campsite was full so we went to an overflow area that they had set up. There were no water spigots or anything, but it was away from almost everybody else and it was beautiful. The only other people there were an old couple and their former French foreign exchange student who was visiting. Also, apparently free range cows wandered amongst the trees in the area as we saw cow patties and heard mooing just meters away when we were in our hammocks. I tried my hand at night photography again as the area is supposed to be one of the best, but I ran out of batteries in my camera. I guess it can't do a two hour exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment