Friday, May 13, 2011

Bonkers

Been bonkers lately. We spent all day yesterday riding on the highway to make some time up the gulf coast of Florida. It was exhausting. We camped at a national forest for the night, which turned out pretty nice. I met a new dog friend and named him Chowder.


He followed us around while we got ready for the road. After plenty more riding, we make it only five minutes late to our maintenance appointment at the Triumph dealership in New Orleans. Not bad, but it was hectic. We stumbled by a NASA rocket test facility with a big sign that said "Free tours." Wish I could have taken them up on it! I am uploading some new pics right now. I hope Andrea or I can get them on the blog soon. We are planning on staying in a hostel tonight here in New Orleans. It will be our first. We'll see how it works out. As usual, I am ready to fall asleep before dinner.
Oh yeah, and the drivers on the gulf coast are maniacs. They seem interested only in causing a trail of death and mayhem. And there's a speed limit of 70 here! On a bike, I wish it was 65 like back home. Better sign off for now. Don't want to hold up the works here at the dealership.
Oh yeah, big thanks to Auntie Jan and Uncle David! They really came through in a big way for me and Paul. We were pampered. Bikes in a garage, each of us with a bed, free food, air conditioning, and Uncle Dave kept us laughing while Auntie Jan kept us smiling. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment