Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Horse Looked At Me Today


Here are some pics from today. Above is the morning at the camp site. I think Paul is still in his hammock in the background.



Then we went to the Naval Air Museum at the Pensacola Naval Air Station. It was REALLY impressive. A great collection. Really interactive and beautifully presented.

















That last pic is where we ate lunch. We had sandwiches and the waitress said she was from up north too. When she asked where, she said Virginia. Light weight.

Then we rode through several states along the gulf coast and ended up in New Orleans. It rained along the way, but not for that long. Our first destination when we got into town was the Triumph dealership. I needed to pick up some parts. Like a foot peg.



After we got into our over priced crappy motel, we hit the French quarter to explore and find dinner.







Then we went to Cafe Du Munde for dessert. Hot chocolate and beignets. They are fried dough.





Now it's time for bed. Tomorrow: Texas.

4 comments:

  1. Anyone else notice, he never mentioned when or where the horse looked at him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! He said that a horse looked at him... and then nothing...we were left hanging!
    Was this a wild horse, or perhaps their stealth camping landed them on someones ranch.
    Is it possible that Mike is a horse whisperer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike:
    Where I come from, Eastern Canada...Newfoundland to be exact, we call fried dough..."Toutons". On your stop over, if you are interested, I will make them for you. Love, love my toutons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, I hope you're not teasing me.

    And here's the thing with the horse. Paul and I were walking past a stand of horse buggies in New Orleans' French quarter. The obnoxious drivers were yelling at passers by. It is not a subtle city. I commented to Paul that the horses had strangely long ears, like a donkey. Then I looked at one particularly handsome horse, and as I passed, I said "Hi Horse." Then he looked at me and nodded.

    ReplyDelete