Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 7: Leg 1 of Georgia

6 May 2011
This day was pretty much all highway miles. We had a lot of ground to cover between Charlotte and Fort Benning before the Infantry Museum closed for the day. I’m not really sure what to say here because I’ve done this route so many times before while I was stationed at Fort Benning and it all seems routine.














We did stop by Atlanta, Decatur to be specific, and had lunch with Mike’s cousin. We ended up eating at Community BBQ. Yes, day two of BBQ, but it was also delicious. I had a rib sandwich, which was really just ribs with two slices of bread on the plate. I was determined to make it a real sandwich so I cut off all the meat from the ribs and put them between the slices of bread. They could have been a little juicier, but I’m getting picky there. In the usual Atlanta fashion, we hit traffic getting out of the city, but it was smooth sailing the rest of the way down south.





By the time we arrived in Columbus, the Infantry Museum was closed by a few minutes. I was a little disappointed, but I have seen a large portion of the museum already My friends Steve and Randi were gracious and let us crash at their place. I wanted to see more people in the area, but we were extremely tired by the time we took the stuff off our bikes. To top it off Mike had a couple MPH spill because of some sand at the base of the driveway. All in all it was definitely not the best day of the trip so far, but it beat out the cold day through Tennessee.

No comments:

Post a Comment